Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

mapping system improvement for VX

All right, the title doesnt sound easy but the script is very easy. I have two projects that im merging, AlphaZ template and XPtize ur VX. I need a script to improvize VX mapping system

here is the thread for my XPtize VX thread:

viewtopic.php?f=160&t=70917

this is AlphaZ
viewtopic.php?f=159&t=44860

What i want is the following:

I need space in the tiles because the tiles are limited in VX so i want to convert many of the tiles into characters to save space. however making them with characters will mean the creator will have to set extra non passabilities to the areas, making the mapping very difficult

i want a customizable script that can generate non passable areas around the characters containing specific images.

for example

if an event has the image tree.png automatically the script sets non passability to the right, left, up, upper left and upper right. so its very easy to add trees with events.

so i would probably have lines like this

"tree.png" [0,0][1,0][-1,0][0,1][1,1][-1,1]

and more lines could be added to the script freely.

Bump

now i also need to add when the event is above the character and when its not

when the event is in the same line as the character, the character stays behind, so what i want is to set those characters to be above the character when the main is in the same X line

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.