Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Map-to-Map Panning Transition?

Well, I don't really know how to explain this request, but I'll try.
I'm looking to use multiple maps, each the size of the screen, for my game in order to conserve memory usage aka. kill lag.
I was wondering if someone could make a script that, unless told to do otherwise, would load the current map and the map being switched to at the same time and sort of pan over into the next map. Kinda like how the pokemon games do when you move from route to route.
I've made a gif to kinda show what I'm asking for...

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3638/13249462iz5.gif[/img]

Are you asking for something like the Pokemon game, or the 2D Zelda games? Your .gif is closer to the zelda games, where you go to the edge of the map and it will pan to the next one. In Pokemon games, you can walk from one map to another as though they were the same map, and, as long as they have the same tileset, everything works out just fine. (I've hacked them before, if they use tiles near the edge of a map that doesn't have those tiles, then when you're on the other map, they are replaced with random bits of gibberish)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.