Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Map (Item)

Hey all,
I'd like a script so that if you examine in item in the item menu, a bitmap or other image shows up on-screen (customizable) like a map. I can draw the map myself, but can anyone help me make this script for me?

I mean using the item. If you press Enter, etc. when your cursor is selecting the item. I just need a script so it'll show images for certain item IDs (I might need more than 1 map) which you can specify in the script.

This can be done without a script. You need to make the item, then make a common event that lets you show a picture on the screen (The map) then set the common event to the item, and make the item non-consumable. Then you choose the item from your inventory and it will show on the screen.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.