Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Map connecting scrip =]

(very sorry if this is already answered)
I need a map connections script, that will connect some of my maps to seamlessly make a whole map out of many, making it look and act like a whole map.
thank you =]

I can't really help make it but i can help you explain.  Say something like when you get to a certain distance next to the next map area it would load the map so you could steadily walk from map to map without any transition.  Like a node system in 3d gaming.

Now I understand. A lot of wide area simulators (flight-sim, links, etc..) use it to reduce display memory load.

I have not seen anything like this for RMXP. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be a major re-write of
scene_map, and possibly Graphics.update.

I have seen it 'faked'. By adding a 10 tile buffer around each map, and transferring the player when they are 10 tiles away from the edge, to a point 10 tiles into the next map. The buffer area is an exact copy of the first 10 tiles on the adjacent map. This keeps the player in the center of the screen at all times, so the Transport is seemless with the 'fading' turned off (no transistion).

I'd be interested to hear if you find anyone else who has another solution.

Be Well

Wow that ten tile buffer you mentioned seams like a lot of work, but if i don't find anything i might have to do it, but i know it is possible, i have piccolos pokemon starter kit, and it has a script and a separate file that lets you do it very easily but i cant transfer it over because its mixed with other pokemon scrips...

Maby i can find a scripter that can extract it for me?
i can send who ever the kit with the scripts included.

OS

Sponsor

This script was already made a long time ago. You had to make nine maps whose names where numbers that showed their relationships with the other maps. Even though it was a script, it took a ridiculous amount of work to set up one area, and it screwed up if you started on the wrong map. Although, when it did work, it worked pretty well. No Teleports at all!

Sorry I don't have a link, but I just wanted to let you know it exists, somewhere. If I can find it on my harddrive, I'll link it for ya.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.