Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Map as Title Screen

Just wondering if there is a VX script to load a map as the title screen background. I know that there's ones for XP floating around, just can't seem to find one for VX. Any help?

Did you mean this?

[rgss] 
#================================================
# Map as Title Screen [RMVX]
# by Drago del Fato
module TitleMapOptions
  # ID number of the map you want to use as title screen
  # You can see the ID number if you right click on the map
  # and go to Map Properties.
  # The window which opens in it's name will have the map ID
  # for example Map Properties - ID:001
  # That 001 is your map ID
  MAP_ID = 1
end

class Scene_Title < Scene_Base

def create_title_graphic
    $game_map.setup(TitleMapOptions::MAP_ID)
    @sprite = Spriteset_Map.new
  end

def dispose_title_graphic
    @sprite.dispose
  end

# If you don't want your map to be updated remove the lines below
  alias d_update :update

def update
    d_update
    @sprite.update
  end
  # End of Map Update

end

[/rgss]

i wonder if in such a small script there was a need to create a module and a constant, especially if the user could just set it up in $game_map.setup(enter a map ID number). But don't worry oblivia5, it'd always work since that constant points to that specific map ID.

Dude don't make me quote the thing you said back at your script. You're being a bit hipocritical here.

It's made so it will simplify insertion. And that module takes small amount of memory and it's good to be written like that for people who aren't scripters if oblivia knows around scripting she would've changed that already. If she doesn't it's not a big deal at all, I don't even think it will impact performance. :smile:

But anyways your opinion is good, oblivia if you feel like changing it then change it. :smile:

[rgss] 
# Map as Title Screen [RMVX]
# by Drago del Fato

class Scene_Title < Scene_Base

def create_title_graphic
    $game_map.setup(X) # < - Put the id number instead of X
    @sprite = Spriteset_Map.new
  end

def dispose_title_graphic
    @sprite.dispose
  end

# If you don't want your map to be updated remove the lines below
  alias d_update :update

def update
    d_update
    @sprite.update
  end
  # End of Map Update

end

[/rgss]

I guess I indirectly, unwillingly, ended up making the same mistake you did there. I'm not that sure that was simplying the insertion but since we think in different ways, that might be true or false for each one of us. I mean, Scene_Title could have included that same Constant, since it was only a single one I thought that could have been OK, too. Believe me, it wasn't my intention to take revenge I just saw your scriptlet and asked me why those things were there. (Now I'll stop hijacking the thread, I'm sorry if that could bother oblivia5 in any way.)

Kyo, don't be a sad cat. Everybody's opinion matters and sure yours matter too. In fact to say you were right about that and we're both being a bit hipocritical here (look at the posts more carefully and you'll know what I mean), I guess we exchanged sides without knowing it.

I'm not a guy who wants to act all high and mighty, but I do like to make a point. Nobody is going to hit you or anything for making a point. And you're not hijacking btw. XD XD XD

Well let's stop with this chat since we're going to a big offtopic here. XD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.