Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

many different skills

Is there a way to make it to where if a character equips a sword he learns certain skills but if he equips a staff he can learn spells? This would make the game more customizable. I dont know if this contains a script or not but I just need some help. Thanks.

Anonymous

Try using the common event method in "SKILLS"
that might work, but I haven't tried it as it's late here and Im pretty tired.

also I could script it but at the moment im busy on another script, so if the above doesn't work, Im sure someone can help you in the meantime.

sorry if this is no help.

oh my gosh, this is a very easy eventing process.
Nobody even bothers to even try using the events anymore, it kind of saddens me.

Make a common event thats set to a switch trigger and put the events in it.

<>Conditional Branch: Hero [hero name] [Weapon] equipped
<>Change Skills: [hero name], + [New skill]
<>
Else Handler
<> Change Skills: [hero name], - [New skill]
<>
: End

naa, dont get me wrong lol
I wasnt bashing or anything like that. I mean its kind of sad how people are unwilling to actually learn the actual game engine. This usually results in cool features but a horribly put together piece of work.

Its not that serious man I was just asking a simple question. I didnt know it was going to sadden anyone and make people cry. Thanks though for giving me your input. The script from sephiroth spawn would be perfect but the download link is down.

I am so bored anymore I am trying to learn the scripting stuff...

but then i keep getting pulled into other games...

stupid obsessions (graal and sony infantry) they are my obsessions I quit and always get dragged back into them...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.