Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Making the Battler=charset

This is fairly lazy on my part, but I'm wondering if there's a way to alter a script so that the battler for each character is simply their character set, selected from the database.

Basically what I've been doing is just taking the charset for each character, cropping their 'facing down' section, and then importing that as their battler. This works fine, but out of laziness I am wondering there is a way to simply have the battler pull the 'facing down' section of a charset and use that as that actors battler instead?

If not, no big deal, but I thought it would be worth asking.

JoshC

Ok, little more detail:

1. Are you using a sideview battle system, a front view, an action based?

2. Do you want the battler to be the animated charset or just standing still?

3. Will you be doing this to both characters and enemies or just characters?

1. I'm just using the standard battle system at the moment, so.. front view.

2. No need to be animated, they just are standing there.

3. Just characters, definitely not to enemies.

well. if you really want to be lazy and not worry about coding then just take the characters walk graphic and add it to the battlers graphics file and make there battler graphic the same as there character sprite... of course you will need to resize the canvas of the character if you want to do that so you dont get siz-compatibility issues.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.