Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looting Script?

Hello Rmxp users.

Today I was playing "The Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion" game for the PS3.
I realized the looting system they had was actually cool and wanted it in my project I am working on.

What is a looting system? (If some don't know what it is)
Its when you kill a hostile (doesn't have to be an enemy, it can be anything you kill) and you can see what its carrying to take from it in a different window.

What it looks like
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/4205/oblivion2006090618274453ah4.jpg[/img](This picture is actually the inventory of your character, but its like that but its the enemies inventory your taking from)
If anyone knows a script or similar one to it, can someone please help me out.  :thumb: Thanks a head of time..

ikos

Hmm, maybe you could try this. When you defeat an enemy, have an event of the downed enemy (you're going to need "dead" sprites). Set the event to action button activation and show choices of the various items it has. When the player accepts a choice, make a switch to remove that choice from the previous choices and add the item to inventory. Think of it as advanced chests. Hope that made even the slightest lick of sense, mate. ~Cheers

Ikos out. :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.