Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

looking for CMS Level up menu scripts

hey guys, first off, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please correct me and tell me where to go if it is. it's technically a request though it's more of a search question.

I need help finding a CMS script that informs the user when a skill has been learned.

For instance, say my mage learns the skill "heal" after a battle. What I want is a dialog screen to appear after said battle and say, "[mage] learned heal". I looked around but since I'm new to the whole "incorporating scripts" thing I can't say I found what I was looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

You could do this in events with common events, parallel process, have a switch turn on in the beginning of the game, use a conditional Brach and show text, but you would have to do one for each skill.

Just making sure you know because in my opinion most people tend not to make scripts for others. :crazy:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.