Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for a generalized counter script!

I know there are tons of counter scripts out there, some that deal with the players gold, the players hp, mp, str, time played the game, amount of times saved, e.t.c... I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a generalized rmxp counter script out there that can deal with pretty much anything.

For example, lets say i have a menu page with the following:

John's HP:
John's MP:
Gold Held:
Game Time Played:
Times Game Saved:
e.t.c...

Back in rpgmaker 2k3, tracking all those stats meant tons of character sets or pictures that would be a real pain in the neck.

So is there any script out there where you could do something as simple or along the lines of...  draw.text(40,50,10,10,[Variable:Johns_HP])  where draw.text's parameters are (x coord, y coord, text width, text height, Variable value you want displayed).

I hope i explained that right. I've been told that there is already a script built in that can do something like that but i'm not sure. Thanks a bunch for taking time to read this and any kind of help is appreciated.

hey Zeriab, sorry for the slightly late response. Wrote my post late last night and just woke up and read your response now. I'm stricly looking for the display of the counters and nothing more using the font. No flashy background image or anything, just a basic object that can write text and/or a variables value onto the screen given the screens x coordinates,y coordinates, the texts width, height, and the text/variable you would like displayed.

So if i did something in the event editor through the call script command along the lines of... draw.text(100,100,11,12,"Bank Balance:"{Variable:Gold Stored}"
whatever value i have stored into variable: gold stored would be displayed onto the screen at coordinates 100,100 with a 11x12 text.

So lets say Gold Stored = 50, on the game screen at it would output:  Bank Balance: 50, see what i'm getting at?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.