Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Looking for a battle modifier script, I think it's pretty basic.

dz0099

This script seems pretty basic, so I'm wondering if there's one around here that I just can't seem to find.

Here's a quick explanation:
I'm looking for a system where the characters start each battle with 0 MP. Each time they physically attack, they gain a small amount of MP. However, each character can only get a maximum amount of MP from physically attacking, to prevent them from saving up a large amount.  When battle is over, MP goes back to 0.

I think the explanation is clear enough, but if there's any questions about it post them and I'll try to clarify.

Thanks for reading!

dz0099

Eh, bump.

EDIT--Oh, yeah, I thought it said 48 hours.  My mistake.  Now if only I had a time machine to somehow fix the problem.... Then I could stop myself from bumping the topic and then stopping anyone else who would further bump the topic by telling me I'm not suppose to bump.

I'm sure there are scripts that auto-recover MP every turn automatically; find one that works first.  The other parts you should mod are the battle scripts (set all party member's MP to 0 on start) and anything inn related (reduce MP again after).  As for items, if you don't want it to heal, I think there should be some sort of Battle-only tab.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.