Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

lockpick script

Uh...

I'VE SPENT ALL DAY TODAY ON MY COMPUTER, STARVING TO DEATH, TRYING TO GET A LOCKPICK SCRIPT THAT WORKS FOR MY GAME!
AND TO LEARN HOW TO USE A LOCKPICK IN THE GAME...
BUT ALL I GOT WAS ALL THIS STUFF THAT WAS CRAP COMPARED TO THE REAL THING!
I DON'T WANT A DEMO VERSION THAT DOESN'T WORK...
I WANT A SCRIPT FOR MY GAME THAT DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Could anyone please help me?

ikos

AdventureQuest":uqfusfz9 said:
Uh...

I'VE SPENT ALL DAY TODAY ON MY COMPUTER, STARVING TO DEATH, TRYING TO GET A LOCKPICK SCRIPT THAT WORKS FOR MY GAME!
I WANT A SCRIPT FOR MY GAME THAT DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1: Less caps lock
2: Wrong section
3: Why are you posting in this topic?
4: Why are you so demanding?
5: Less exclamation points

What you have posted is very lacking in description.  What do you want this system to do? Be specific. What maker would it be for?  Please describe thoroughly.  This is your first request spam warning.  If you post another request that is utterly lacking in description you will be temp-banned for seven days.

AdventureQuest":2hht9fu0 said:
Hello, I've recently stumbled across a demo of a lockpicking minigame.
Great script, however I cannot seem to get it to work on my project.
I would really apprichiate if you can help me with how to use the script, or pointing me in a direction to a similar script. Any help is apprichiated, and thank you. :)

Fixed.
Lol no but seriously, what? I don't quiet understand what you mean. There was another thread on lock picking though. Linked to this demo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OS5YQT50

I have a VERY nice lockpicking demo that work perfectly!
BUT I'm not one to encourage bad posting. If you fix up the bad request to meet the forum's guidelines I'll post it for you ^_^

ikos":f92sdvs4 said:
AdventureQuest":f92sdvs4 said:
Uh...

Ok...
1. Caps Lock wasn't on...
2. I actually STARVED!
3. I can't even find a working demo!
4. My game sucks...

Don't double post, edit your post instead.

EDIT:
Definition of RPG Maker XP/VX Lockpick:
A lockpick is an objected usually obtained using a script. Currently, User: AdventureQuest, does not know how to install it into his actual game. Lockpick versions are found in loads of different versions. For example, one user (Name Unavailable), made a lockpick feature by making a sound affect, a simple 1/4 lockpick noises, and you had to repeat them using the Direction Pad. Another you had to pull the lockpick from area to area, pulling the switches up and down to get them alined. That version was made by Eilei. Also, User: AdventureQuest, is currently trying to get that script to work for his game. Unfortunently, no scripts worked, nor did the demos.

stygia

"Fixed.
Lol no but seriously, what? I don't quiet understand what you mean. There was another thread on lock picking though. Linked to this demo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OS5YQT50"

Now it may have just been my pc messing up, but when i opened the folder, it messed up my registry something fierce, be careful.

Oops, sorry about that, file is fine, my pc just happen to go retarded as soon as i opened the folder. Worries  ^_^

AdventureQuest":30sjdo75 said:
ikos":30sjdo75 said:
AdventureQuest":30sjdo75 said:
Uh...

Ok...
1. Caps Lock wasn't on...
2. I actually STARVED!
3. I can't even find a working demo!
4. My game sucks...
Pardon my "yelling", but I was just mad because I hadn't ate a single thing that day. Excuse my necroposting, but I feel I should add more detail, as Killface explained.

Program: RMXP (or RMVX, I'm using both, doesn't matter which.)
Description: The Lockpick script makes it possible so you can buy a single lockpick, and use it to open certain events such as doors or chests. I'd prefer it in comment form, so it's clean and easy to use. I am actually not looking for this as much, but more scripts and tilesets for my customized game. This script will still be nice.

I'd like it if you could find it in RMVX more, but I'd still like it for RMXP.

Please excuse my previous posting behavior.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.