Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Lite Bestiary VX?

Here is my script idea/request: A Lite Bestiary for VX. It's for my 'monster catch em all'-type game. I wanted to request this script when I saw Dargor's bestiary, but it was a bit too complex for what I have in mind.

FEATURE ONE: CUSTOMIZABLE MONSTER LISTING

First of all, I really liked Dargor's idea of the bestiary listing. So I want something like this included in this script:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/237/vxbestiary2jw1.png[/img]

That's all I want... a list of monsters that you choose to put into the listing (like in his script).

FEATURE TWO: SIMPLE CUSTOMIZABLE MONSTER PAGES

The only thing I didn't like about the script (and I say didn't like not because it was a bad idea, but because it doesn't fit with the 'flow' of my game) was the thing where you choose a monster and it goes detailed into stats of that monster. I don't want that in this bestiary. What I want in this bestiary, is, think something along the lines of the earlier gameboy Pokemon games... if you don't know how those worked, here is a picture example I pulled off Google:

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2609/pokedex2lp9.gif[/img]

I want, when you choose a monster on the listing, a page similar to this example to come up (of course with my window scheme instead, and ignore the bottom options; focus on the top part of the page).

What I'm going for here, is a picture of the monster of your choosing somewhere on this page, on either the upper right or upper left of the page. On the opposite side of the page from this picture will be three descriptive titles of your choosing (for example for mine, I would like it to be Name, Element, and Symbol). Also somewhere on this page should be the monster's number as ordered in the listing. Finally, at the bottom half of the page, there should be space to put in as much info as needed about the monster as a biography, and this should be scrollable.

Thus, the page should look something like this (crappy drawing, hope it will suffice):

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6199/dootexampleou4.png[/img]

FEATURE THREE: CALL SCRIPT

And finally, that's what I want... a script that I can use anywhere I wish in eventing to call up the bestiary, just like in Dargor's. Well thanks for looking, I hope this isn't too complex and can be filled... please do ask if you're confused about anything.

EDIT: NEVERMIND... after much searching I was able to find a script I could modify to my needs. If you're wondering what that was, it was KGC's EnemyGuide script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.