Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Linking Common Events with States?

Script Title:Linking Common Events with States
RMXP
Detailed Description:
First of all, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I don't really know where to ask for this. What I want is a method to link Common Events with States.
EXAMPLE: Say an actor gets the state "Frog" which turns them into a frog! How does it turn them into a Frog? By linking with a common event! A common event that changes the actor's graphic to a frog and disables all of their moves (using common events and conditional branches and stuff). In this situation, the Frog state goes away after 5 turns, and when it goes away, a common event is activated which restores the actor's original graphic and re enables their original moves.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE: A sword fighter has several non-elemental sword techniques, but they have a move, let's call it "Thunderblade", which gives them the state "Thunderblade". This state replaces all of their normal moves with Thunder elemental versions. The state "Thunderblade" has a 50% chance of being removed by a physical attack, which would also trigger a common event that gives them back their original moves.
Some of this could be done with events, but I don't think it's possible to make other things happen when a state wears off. It might be possible, but it would require putting several complicated and long events in every single battle party, and I think that might cause problems or not even work.
Screen shots:Would this help? I'll try and muster something up if requested, but I don't see what it would do at the moment.
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
This is a script/script-type thing I want in several different projects, and I want it to be compatible with whatever script I can find. I don't know if that's possible, but I don't think this would mess with too much stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.