Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Life Energy and Health Point/Kingdom Heart Bars System

Script Request Template
Hello. I am requesting a special kind of stat system. I call it the Life Energy and Health Point/Kingdom Heart Bars System (LEHPKHBS)
You'll see how this new system relates to Kingdom hearts in a minute.

Script Title:

Life Energy and Health Point/Kingdom Heart Bars System (LEHPKHBS)

RMXP or RMVX:
RMVX, please.

Detailed Description:

"Life energy and Health Points? What's the Difference?"

Life Energy is basically the numerical value that determine whether that character lives or dies. It's basically the true hp of the character. If It reaches 0, the character is knocked out. Just like in every other RPG, or game that has it.

Health Points are different. If they reach 0, the character does not die. They are just gone.

"So what does the HP do? What is it's significance?"

HP protects the LE from damage. IF you have 100 LE and 200 HP, and you take 50 damage, you will have 100 LE and 150 HP. However, if you have 100 LE and 200 HP and you take 250 damage, you will have only 50 LE and 0 HP. But That's not all.

Not only does HP protect you from damage, it also decreases the chance of having a negative status effect inflicted on the character. Say you have 100 HP. The rate might be that you have a 1% Chance of preventing a status effect. If you have 1000, you have a 10% chance, and so on. Why? Because the higher your HP is, the healthier your character is.

"So how do you gain LE and HP? Do you gain them at the same time?"

Nope. This is how I want it to be. First you only gain LE. Then after a certain level, you stop gaining LE and Start Gaining HP. So say that the Max LE is 1000. Then the next level you gain you get like, I don't know, 50 HP. You won't gain any more LE after that certain level, be it 20, 50, or 1000.

"But how does this relate to Kingdom Hearts?"

I am so glad you asked. See this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOEVd3i6m8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5hOtSjWmg8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbnFd6Tzybg&feature=related

Look at the hp bar of the player as well as the boss. The player has two bars. They are both his HP. However The boss has more bars. They are just overlapping each other. I would like for the bars To do both. I'll explain more:

First, let's say you have the 2 MAIN(emphasis on main) bars. If you have HP, the LE bar goes on the bottom and the HP on the top. And the LE bar should be a bit smaller at this point. Why? Because if there is an attack that directly attacks the LE regardless of HP, you want to know about it. Once you run out of HP, the empty HP bar should Switch positions with the LE bar and the HP bar would be smaller, while the LE bar is regular size.

Say the max LE is 1000. One bar represents 500 LE. So that means you need two bars to represent 1000 LE. How can you tell which bar is which? As seen on the boss's HP, the bars have different colors. Green is the base one while the blue is on top of it. That is what should be done with this system. Both bars = 500LE, but The blue one overlaps the green one in that same space.

Still confused? Look at the player's side. See the two bars he has? Those are the MAIN bars. One is on top and the other is on the bottom. Now look at the top one. Pretend that is the LE bar. See how it's Green? That would mean he has 500 LE. If he had 1000 LE, that Green bar would be blue, BUT ONLY IN THAT MAIN BAR THAT IS ON THE TOP. Now, if he takes damage, like 250, IT would be HALF BLUE AND HALF GREEN, showing that out of 1000, he has 750, which is a WHOLE green bar and HALF blue bar. But remember, the blue bar is overlapping the green one, making it appear HALF BLUE AND HALF GREEN.

Now, let's say the max LE is 1000. Then he has 1000 HP. The HP bar would go on top and the LE bar would be on bottom and smaller. The HP would be blue because of the blue bar overlapping the green one, and they both are equal to 500 HP. And there you have it.

Here is an example where the boss has more than 2 bars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFipSZz0tJg&feature=related

So, the bars have to fit in the bottom screen of the battle system. However, please don't forget the SP Bar as well. Please make sure that they fit. I would also Like the LE letters to be wherever the LE bar is as well as HP. Please make this script in a way so that i can modify the values of max LE and HP.

"Ok, I think I understand, but how will this be used in the battle system? In fact, what battle system are you using?"

I am using the Tankentai Battle System version 3.3 aith a ATB addon. Not only that, but I plan on using:
Item/Equipment/Skill Conditions Modern Algebra
Limit Breaks / Overdrives © Dargor, 2009
Auto_Tilesets Darkleo
Display Victory Aftermath Yanfly
Custom Status Properties Yanfly
AND MORE.

Screen shots:
Sorry, but I think I put enough videos. Plus they really help to explain more than just text and pictures.
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Already done.

So, any questions? If you accept this request please notify me so that I can credit you on the website of the game my team and I are creating. If you want to know what the website is please PM me. We're trying to keep a low profile about it.

Casshern has a stern message for you: "This message has been bumped!"

SO...Does anyone want to say something about this request rather than just looking at it 114 times?

LE and HP that you meant is both EXACTLY is a HP. You only wanted the bar to be like that, right? As a player of KH Chain of Memories and Re: Chain of Memories, I don't recall anything like that! You only wanted to have a new bar instead using the same old bar to indicate HP. I'll make it easier to explain:

-LE that you mean is the max HP for a single full bar. The second bar is indicate that you still have that amount of HP from the max of the LE. Example:
for a full bar, it will indicate the character is having 100 HP. If you have 110, that means you used 1 bar and 1/10 bar for indicating the HP. if you have 300 HP, that means you used 3 full bars.

-Square Enix did that because they don't have more room to increase the gauge length anymore! And they can't indicate damages and HP by number, but by gauge! If the length of the bar is still the same, Players would think that "Hey, Sora's defense has raised! But I never knew such status would exist in this game..."

-I ask again, in the case of the HP you mean is 0, and LE is 1, max LE that you meant is 50, and the character is healing himself (like, Sora used Curaga that heals 500 HP), will the healing calculation will be like this?:
50 LE and 449 HP

Sigh, I guess you just want to request a new gauge script... I hope this make things clearer.

This is not as simple as a gauge script...

First off you need to rewrite database so it can be edited based of levels,
you have to add the hp (LE essentially is the current HP) to Game_Actor and Game_Enemy

And then proceed o rewrite the entire battle scene so that both the character and the enemy have and hp stat and it can be changed

And all the work goes and dissapears if you decide to use a non-standard battle system

Beyond that I am unsure if it is even possible; because last I checked the database is a hidden class.

I believe the reason people aren't willing to do this is because of the a size of the undertaking O.o

Velocir_X":2hbkza0i said:
This is not as simple as a gauge script...

First off you need to rewrite database so it can be edited based of levels,
you have to add the hp (LE essentially is the current HP) to Game_Actor and Game_Enemy

And then proceed o rewrite the entire battle scene so that both the character and the enemy have and hp stat and it can be changed

And all the work goes and dissapears if you decide to use a non-standard battle system

Beyond that I am unsure if it is even possible; because last I checked the database is a hidden class.

I believe the reason people aren't willing to do this is because of the a size of the undertaking O.o
This is what I meant. And thanks for clearing that up, Velocir_X. Now I know why no one wants to do it...it's alot of work :sad:. It's alright though cuase I have other systems i need to request that are way more important and easier.

Well, I guess I'll stop bumping this thread then.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.