Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Level Requirement For Items

Scuff

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, an edit or debug of an existing script.

Script Title:
Level Requirement For Items
RMXP or RMVX:
RMXP
Detailed Description:
I need it to be something like you have to be lvl 5 to equip bronze sword, you have to be lvl 10 to equip steel helm and so on. I also would like a small window to pop up when trying to equip a item that your not a high enough lvl to equip. I want the window to say "Level Requirement not Met!".
Thanks!

Well a variable (yes I like variables) that is attached to the players level (a variable that is equal to the players level) can help it should go like this:
conditional branch: bronze sword equipped
conditional branch: variable: players level >= 5
else
show text: You are not high enough level to equip this weapon
Change equipment: [actor], Weapon = (none)
Branch end
else
Branch end
And all you have to do is repeat that process for all weapons changing the number the "players level" variable has to be. And your done.

I have a mod (script) somewhere that just makes the weapons/armor not show up on the equip item list if the level isn't high enough.

If that is acceptable, let me know & i'll dig it up.

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.