Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

learn to wear more armour/weapons

I am going to keep it simple

I am using a self made ff12ish license board system but I am missing one thing...how can I make it so that my class learns to wear more armour/weapons when I buy the 'license' for say large shield it would be added to things the class could wear

I am sure this cannot be done with events otherwise I am really blind

so I was wondering if anyone knows the script or could help me out here :)

thanks in advance

P.S. I am very sorry if this was requested but I couldn't find anything

yeah, you just won't do it with events, I'm not very experienced with scripts, but there is a hash which represent the weapons and armors equippable by each class:

$data_classes[class_id].weapon_set = [ID1,ID2,ID3,...]
$data_classes[class_id].armor_set = [ID1,ID2,ID3,...]

whenever you need to add any weapon or armor to one class's weapon set or armor set call this script in the event interface: (i think so)

to add a weapon/armor to a specific hero's class: (and for all the heros who share the same class)

$data_classes[$data_actors[Hero Id].class_id].weapon_set += [List of Item ID's]
$data_classes[$data_actors[Hero Id].class_id].armor_set += [List of Item ID's]

to add a weapon/armor to a specific class:

$data_classes[Class Id].weapon_set += [List of Item ID's]
$data_classes[Class Id].armor_set += [List of Item ID's]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
substitute the red values for its relative numbers
if you want to put a variable instead of a constant number just write in the place of the red text:

$game_variables[Variable ID]

Example:
to add Bronze Sword (Weapon ID 1), Iron Sword (Weapon ID 2), Bronze Lance (Weapon ID 5), and Bronze Shield (Armor ID 1) to the Mage Class (ID 8):

Call Script: $data_classes[8].weapon_set += [1,2,5]
Call Script: $data_classes[8].armor_set += [1]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope I helped you in time

dricc

I think it will be OK on VX .
The class is the same ($data_classes) and in the structure , i see there is also weapon_set and armor_set .

You can check in the rpgmaker help (F1) by searching "RPG::Class" .

If you want to know if it works ... just try :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.