Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Large (paid) request - Take a look!

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to post this request for months now but I've always put it off until I have enough time to deal with it all.

Brief

Basically, I want a compilation of scripts/processes that result in a system similar to that of Zombies ate my neighbours (Genesis/Snes). If you've never heard or seen it, you can find images and video footage below:

Images":3kic1rwy said:

They don't give a lot away as they're just pictures, and sorry about the size of most ... they're a bitch to find on the web! To make life a lot easier for anyone interested, watch the video below:

Video":3kic1rwy said:

To keep it simple, here's what I want in points:

Points":3kic1rwy said:
  • 8 Directional movement
  • Same shooting system as the video
  • Item pick up when walked into
  • Simple weapon/item change
  • A SIMPLE Radar
  • Character picture with health bar
  • Character select screen
  • Enemies dissappear once killed
  • Enemies speed up when closeby the player

I've stated pretty much everything I want there, but I may add if i think of any. I know a lot of these can be achieved with events, but I just brainstormed to get my point accross. I'm not just looking for a script, I'm looking for someone that I can have repeat business with and who is reliable. They will recieve payment without question, but I must be happy with the results entirely before that occurs. Don't worry, I'm easy to please (just ask Reb).

Check out the topic and analyse the parts that are realistic as far as RMXP goes. I know a lot of them are so I'm looking very forward to working with someone(s) in the near future.

Payment

Payment will be discussed according to the workload of the script. Although, I want this script exactly how I want it and that person(s) will be rewarded accordingly (I'm a generous person when it comes to money).

Contact

• Topic reply
  • PM
  • Email - stevo@lenshaw.com

Cheers for reading! :)

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Sure man, It's worth a look! I'm just looking for something that will .... work. As somebody that is very clueless with RGSS scripting, I didn't want to plant a price tag on the request until I have a better idea of what it will take to make.

I've got an anomynous scripter watching over the thread for me so that I'm not getting ripped off or mislead.

Cheers for the prompt reply!

That's an easy request that could be done with already made scripts, there would be very little work involved, it would just be about finding the scripts and putting them together.
I've got too much work at the minute though :/

I'm not going to come in your thread telling you how you don't need these scripted (that's annoying), but if for whatever reason you can't get this done,  I'd look into the new system on the scene, the XAS RPG or something along those lines.  (replace the idea of a bow with guns). That can pretty much do what you want for 4 directions.  The 8 directional shooting (not moving) is the only thing I haven't seen scripted for free use, and that radar hasn't been made specifically like that before but there are plenty of minimaps/ radars about.

Based on most of that stuff already existing / being piss-easy with event commands, I don't think you should have to pay out too much.

I'm assuming this is for those mansion graphics from way back when, it would be cool to see that come to fruition so someone help him!

Yeah I'll duck out now - just trying to help out!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.