Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Kingdom Hearts

(pending title)

Hey all. I know I've made threads in the past saying I was gonna work on a few games. But they all crashed and burned due to bordem. But now I'm openlly annoucing that I am going to be working on a project using 3D models. Thats right, no more dreaded 2d sprites. I get bored with the 2d scenery quick.

Enough about that. I am focusing on making a Kingdom Hearts game for PC. Now im not sure how exactly, what engine I would run it on. But I know programming will be the biggest part, since its going to be a action rpg. Plus I want to make it user friednly for everyone. What I mean is that, I want it to run on everyones computer, not just the top notch ones. hell, my computer isn't even "top notch". Not sure how yet I'm going to do this. As I don't even know how to start since I'm not using a program to walk me through anything.

Story
Its been 10 years since Sora defeated Xemnas and freed all the hearts that was collected to make kingdom Hearts. A year from that Sora and Riku went on another journey to try and find the 3 original Keyblade masters. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. According to Mickey, Aqua and Ven had already been found. Aqua was in the realm of darkness while Ven was at Castle Oblivion. But Terra was nowhere to be found. Quite possibly because thanks to Xehanort merging his heart with terra's and the fact that he lost his heart during his experimenting on the heartless, his Heartless and Nobody was born. Sora destroyed both Heartless and Nobody in that order, thus Terra-Xehanort's heart has returned, and himself as well. That was the next journey, Sora had to take. Stop Xehanort and free Terra's heart from his control.

10 years after that. A boy known as Vaan, has arrived on the Destiny islands. Whichh is Sora and Riku's home. He has no memory of his arrival. he just appears there one day. Sora and Riku are not at home, and Kairi--their friend is nowhere to be found either.

"But know this boy, you were just one of many roads I decided to take. I made sure of that" something Xehanort said to Terra when he first entered his heart, with an evil grin.

Vaan wakes up but notices strange things going on within his mind. He than takes a "Dive to the Heart" where the Keyblade itself chooses him. From than on, the worlds are once again, in danger.

Well I have begun on the plot. Take a looksee. I'm only posting my writings once. This is just to see how it starts off. Its more like a script.

Kingdom Hearts: Freed from Darkness

Characters:
Vaan 16
Kaira 15
Capell -17
Sora (homeostasis condition)
Riku (homeostasis condition)
Kairi (homeostasis condition)
Ventus (homeostasis condition)
Terra (controlled)
Aqua (homeostasis condition)

Main Villians
Terra-Xehanort
Zero
Zerant

Disney villians
Malecifent
Hades
Horned King
Jafar

There are also Heartless worlds. Each of these worlds have a specific Heartless boss thats needed to be destroyed.

Intro begins.
After intro

[Vaan is drifting in darkness, all by himself for about 30 seconds]

[Music plays]
*Vaan awakes*
Whoa! Gimme a break, Kaira! -Vaan
*Vaan gets on knees* *Kaira stairs at him smiling*
I figuired I'd find you snoozing down here. You have been alot lately. -Kaira
*Vaan gets up*
Yeah. There's something about the sea that always grabs me. -Vaan
Hmm, well....we have to hurry and get going. Remember, we have a field trip to explore the lost cave! -Kaira
Heheh...That's right! Hey, isn't Capell coming along too? -Vaan
*camera shifts to Capell's legs, than to his face*
Yep. That's right. -Capell
Haha, alright you guys! Lets go! -Vaan

*Camera shifts to the sky as the three walk away, Than game title appears*

Its been 10 years since Sora defeated Xemnas and freed all the hearts that was collected to make kingdom Hearts. A year from that Sora and Riku went on another journey to try and find the 3 original Keyblade masters. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. According to Mickey, Aqua and Ven had already been found. Aqua was in the realm of darkness while Ven was at Castle Oblivion. But Terra was nowhere to be found. Quite possibly because thanks to Xehanort merging his heart with terra's and the fact that he lost his heart during his experimenting on the heartless, his Heartless and Nobody was born. Sora destroyed both Heartless and Nobody in that order, thus Terra-Xehanort's heart has returned, and himself as well. That was the next journey, Sora had to take. Stop Xehanort and free Terra's heart from his control.
How much of that is from the original games? I didn't play Recoded yet, so I can't differentiate between your own ideas and those of SquareEnix.

I think the project sounds interesting. I don't know if I'll play it because I don't like fangames of series which has not been ended yet. There is at least KH 3 to come, probably even more :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.