Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Kingdom Hearts Style Item Synthesis

Okay, so, I'm looking for a system like the item synthesis system from Kingdom Hearts where you can make items, and then, after you've made an item, it shows it's been made, and then after you do so many it adds another list. Like in KH you synthesized about 4 from the first list, and it added more, then you had to synthesize so many, and you had to open all 4 lists and synthesize all the items on there to open the list with the Ultima Weapon on it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? For being an american, my english is horrible...so...I don't know if I can explain it any better then that...

Anyone who can explain it better, please do so, and then I will edit this post with your explaination so that people may actually understand what I'm trying to ask for.

What Tamo is refering to is the KH Moogle Shop in the first game. You go there, and they give you a list with say five things on it. After you synthesize three or four, they add five more to the list, which are consequently stronger than the five before them, bringing the total up to ten things on it. Tamo is (i think) requesting a item synthesis shop script that also incorporates this feature.

Yes, thank you, Alistor, that's EXACTLY what I'm requesting. I want a system like that so that I can set up the system to control a variable, and when the variable reaches the highest point (like in KH it reaches 25 when you synthesize the Ultima Weapon) it also increases another variable by one, and, if you collect all the bonus material, then that variable will be set to whatever I need it set at to give the player the bonus ending.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.