Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Kingdom Hearts HUD *pieces inside*

Basically I'm using Mr.Mo's ABS battle system and wondered if someone could make a new HUD, I managed to piece one together but I didn't know how to script the stats into it.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5109/a ... etc4kx.png[/IMG]

theres a pic of the pieces you could use

i wanted the magic hotkeys to use the magic menu, theres only three hotkeys, with text not pics. still being vertical and in the lower right

and as for the HP/MP/EXP bars throw those in the bottom left please, just try to match the look of the pic

and another question, i read that no on had been able to make a curved bar like KH uses...why is that?

thanks for any help :thumb:

OS

Sponsor

Curved bars are possible if you use a complicated formula for it (which I will not waste time searching for), or use a bunch of pictures that show every drop of one hp. That would be rather tedious to sprite, I'm sure, and each Bar would have to be separate, but the code would be relatively small.

OS

Sponsor

You could go by percentages, and that way the bar would always be the same size (i.e. instead of growing the bar to match the amount of HP, just have it based on a 0-100% scale)

There is still the problem of accuracy. If any of the bars are changed within a map, causing the graphic to change in real time, without a picture for every percent (0, 1, 2, 3,..., 98, 99, 100) the graphic would be innaccurate, causing confusion or even ugliness. No one wants to see an ugly KH menu rip, ya know?

So, using percentages is the smart thing to do, but you will still need a picture for every percent.

One other way you could do this is to have the curved part of the picture be animated with separate images, but have the straight part be used like a regular programmed bar. It would take a little work, bot not too much for someone experience in such scripts. I would love to do this myself, but I have too much to do. I hope my advice helps you or whoever scripts this, though. Peace!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.