Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Jump and Run System??????

jadowg

iv been looking for a long time but cant find anygood jump and run system so the question iz does anyone know where to find a good jump and run system that u can jump/Run/attack/Defend/ and use 3 or more skills?????

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

or if not is it possible that anyone can be so kind to make a jump and run system that lets u jump/Run/attack/Defend/ and use 3 or more skills?????

:please::please::please::please::please:

Uh, well, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but if you mean like a sprinting system on the maps, it's very easily accomplished through events. I'm sure there's a tutorial around here somewhere for that.

Same goes for jumping.

Go into the download manager and goto the rgss scripts. It'll probably be under battle systems. But jumping I can tell you how to do. Use a common event, call it jump. Ok now, in the common event, set it to have a conditional branch thats set to if character faces right along with another conditional branch in there with a when button pressed (button you choose). Now, under that, create a move event (player) and then set it to jump. You'll have to figure out which direction to go in (Right would be +1 x i think) and set it so if cant move, dont move (if you dont turn that on, the game freezes when you attempt to jump and your on the edge of the screen). Just repeat this for all of the directions your wanting to use (if its diagonal, it'll require 2 directions).

Some of what I said might not make sense, or isn't equal to the rmxp terms because I wasn't using rmxp at the time. SO if you want it exactly what it would be on rmxp, just ask me and I'll get you everything.

Edit: the run system can also be accomplished by a variable for stamina (so they cant run forever) and a button to turn on run (which will also change a variable). If you want me to tell you how to this, I'll try to figure it out. So yeah, just ask and I'll make the common event.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.