Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"Judo Toss" Skill Script

I'm attempting to have a "Judo Toss" attack for one of the enemies (and possibly an actor you can gain too).

What I want to do with this script is: The character using the ability gets into a defensive stance, their defence and agility increased.
After receiving/dodging the next physical enemy attack, they counter said enemy and inflict damage equal to or greater than the attack--it doesn't matter how much damage they actually do to the countering-character, it would be dependant on how much Attack Power there was in the attack (so if the enemy had high attack but low defence and hit points, they'd be pretty had-it...).
You can't make any action while in the Judo Toss state, but it only lasts for 1 (or 2) turns. The state ends when 1 (or 2) turns pass, or when you counter an enemy--whichever comes first.

I tried to do this with a common event which changes the character's state.... but I hit some snags. The main one is that I can't work out how to have the character counter their attacker specifically... even if I could, I don't know how to restrict the counter to physical attacks.

Can someone please help me make this skill?

Thanks to anyone who helps me with this. I'll give credit appropriately.

So, if I get this straight, then you want a 'state' that lasts for a certain amount of turns but vanishes once one has been physically attacked. During this state all physical damage to the player isn't really reduced to zero but rather thrown onto the attacker?

Meaning the 'tossers' states (atk, def and so on) do not count within the damage formular but rather the 'tossed' as if hitting itself? Or do I missunderstand something here?

Well, I'm not sure whether I'm capabal of doing this but I'll give it a try.

Viviatus":2gns6xha said:
So, if I get this straight, then you want a 'state' that lasts for a certain amount of turns but vanishes once one has been physically attacked. During this state all physical damage to the player isn't really reduced to zero but rather thrown onto the attacker?

Meaning the 'tossers' states (atk, def and so on) do not count within the damage formular but rather the 'tossed' as if hitting itself? Or do I missunderstand something here?

Well, I'm not sure whether I'm capabal of doing this but I'll give it a try.
You take the damage (with a boosted Physical Defence, I might add) but your opponent also gets that same attack on them (so it's bad for them if they had a Higg Attack, but a low Defence). You got it down pretty well, I know it's confusing... x_x

Yep, you got it pretty well. Like in judo, you use your opponent's strength against them (your own stats MIGHT have some effect, that really depends on if that's simpler or harder to do, though).

Thanks very much :D. I'll write down your name in the credits once you post the working script (if you want a different name than your username, say so :) ).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.