Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Joining Mojang

I'll be joining the Minecraft Java Edition team at Mojang, starting January 7th - currently waiting for my contract to be updated so I can sign it and make it official.

This involves me moving to Stockholm, so it's a big change :bunny:

I have plans to start my own invite-only Minecraft server (so I can show off my Mojang Minecraft cape). If anyone knows a good host for that and can advise on setting that up I'd be pretty grateful: I remember there being a couple of attempts at an HBGames.org official MC server, I'll probably be paying for something like this but opened up beyond HBGames.org.

Feel like I'm stomping all over LaDestitute's territory a bit with this one :thumb:

AMA I guess?

iTcG5Hy.png

LaDestitute":114x72xu said:
Dude congrats, that's a pretty big step for a career move! What you doing at Mojang, btw?
Literally joining the Minecraft Java team, like, making Minecraft. I seem to get asked this question a lot actually, but I have no idea how else to describe it...I'll be working directly on the Minecraft Java code-base adding features, optimisations, squishing bugs, that kind of thing.
EDIT: Asked my girlfriend, she suggested I just say "programming Minecraft". I'll be on the programming team for Minecraft.

Ah, so your Xileflan, herpa derpa- I never connected that due to the 'lan' being docked.

Also again, congrats my dude!

Me when I discover derp is censored with darling.
lavf3eS.png

Wait, we censor that to darling? The more you know.
Currently about to dismantle my PC so it can be thrown into a moving van in the morning and shipped off for me to unpack in two weeks time. We're going into temporary accommodation until the 17th (flying out on the 3rd) so will have two weeks to secure a home address.

What sucks is my GBA stuff has been on hold since early December and I've got a dude on my GitHub trying to hold back his tears writing a letter to me asking if my GBA library is dead because of Minecraft :haha: hopefully I'll be back at normal pace on the 17th.

Oh yeah Necrile used to say herp derp all the time and it was annoying so we changed it to herp derp for some reason. I think it's a 101 Dalmations reference.

XRumer23PaiFe

Test, just a XRumer 23 StrongAI test...

I've been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It?s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.
Here is my website URl - ??? ????????

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.