Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Item Types

Im looking for a script that can add a name in front of an item and add stats, like a rarity. -_- its kind of hard to tell you let me explain.

Lets use an item "sword".

when a monster drops an item, the item sword can become one of the 4 raritys.

*monster dies*
* I get sword*
I can get either a rare sword a super sword or a magic sword.

rare is easy to get
super rare is harder
and magic is hardest.

get what i mean?

Its like opening up a yu-gi-oh booster pack of cards then getting a rare card, but that card is also a super rare card. *_* i hope somone understands, i saw one a long time ago on here but i cant find it! hope its not deleted.

Ritios

souldragon19;182224 said:
Im looking for a script that can add a name in front of an item and add stats, like a rarity. -_- its kind of hard to tell you let me explain.

Lets use an item "sword".

when a monster drops an item, the item sword can become one of the 4 raritys.

*monster dies*
* I get sword*
I can get either a rare sword a super sword or a magic sword.

rare is easy to get
super rare is harder
and magic is hardest.

get what i mean?

Its like opening up a yu-gi-oh booster pack of cards then getting a rare card, but that card is also a super rare card. *_* i hope somone understands, i saw one a long time ago on here but i cant find it! hope its not deleted.

Heheh... One way to do this is to make three variation of the item... (Rare) Sword (Super) Sword and (Magic) Sword. Add different Stats to each, like give +1-100 Attack between the three. And set the monster to drop them at very low/high rates.

EDIT: Heheh... You might wanna switch the monster drop rate into a variable based event on the defeat of the troupe.':|

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.