Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Item Limits

Is there a way to change the limit of how many items you can have at one time? Not in the amount of 1 item you can have, e.i. Potion x 45, but how many items in general you can have maximum in your inventory at one time. I have a game where you carry a backpack, and you gain bigger and better backpacks later on allowing you to carry more items at one time.

But I would also like to know if you can change the maximum quantity of a certain item you can have as well. I would like to only be able to carry up to 10 of any item, not 99. Or possibly even customize it so you can carry a maximum of 10 of this item, 15 of the other, and 1 of the next.

And, if possible, since you would only be able to carry 10 items, to have some items take up more than 1 space in your inventory. So maybe a potion takes up 1 block, but a long sword takes up 3 blocks.

Example: 10 blocks, with maximum quantities for individual items, and the Iron Axe taking up 3 blocks.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3383 ... ingyy3.png[/img]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.