Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Item Combining Script

Hi all!
I'm currently working on a new project, and there is a feature that I would like to add to it. By selecting two, three or four items from the player's inventory of a similar nature (e.g. Same element etc.) you can get a more powerful item.
Take this as an example:
I have an Item called a fire stone that teaches me the skill fire. I also have an Earth Stone that teaches me the skill Earth. But when I talk to a NPC, my inventory screen pops up with a list of compatible items. I can then select 2, 3 or 4 of these items. So I take my two stones and using the script, combine them to form a Lava Stone, which teaches my character the skill lava. Do you see what I'm getting at?
Thank you for your time,
Sage_of_Horses

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.