Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Isometric-ONLY Caterpillar

Hey, I need a script where the caterpillar-character(s) only follow the hero isometric. So that means that they only have 4 ways to move:
DOWN-LEFT
DOWN-RIGHT
UP-LEFT
UP-RIGHT

Which of course means that the charset also has only those four directions.

Anyways, I searched for a game that could show it, and here it is:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEGTrwNQUdU

As you can see, the caterpillar-characters only follow the hero isometric.

Now, is it possible to do that with a non-isometric hero or should the hero also be isometric? If the latter one, could a scripter make it using the 8-direction + frames script? :thumb:

EDIT: Okay, I found out it's possible with events. Still, it looks a bit weird when the caterpillar-character is right next to the player, and yet he is facing down-left for example.

So I need a different script thats probably way easier. I need it so that if for example SCRIPT: $script.backoff is placed in the event screen, the event doesnt go closer to the player than one block between the event and the player.

EVENT

*EMPTY*

PLAYER

Like that. Anyone up for it? I doubt it's gonna be hard to program... (NON SDK!)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.