Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Inventory sorter script

Im looking to improve the code of my largest script. Its a inventary one and one of the things that it does is to sort items. What i was thinking was in splitting all the system in a few small scripts and clases (think that have 1000's lines of code).

So my idea is to create a inventory sorter class, that will function like a library, so it can easily manage and sort items, armors and weapons arrays in game_party for each atribute, and also, add tags to each inventory item. It will use array references so you can use any other places for that arrays of inventary, and i will add a multibag support (my game use that). Another nice thing is that with a few tunes that script can be converted to a skills sorter one.

Exist some script that does that and i dont have to create it? some inventary sorter script or such?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.