Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Introducing: Homebaked Arcade

A new way of playing the games on the site, and a new way to get your game out there to a different audience, faster and with less clicks.

Homebaked Arcade

We now have the ability to embed games straight from itch.io onto this site within our Game Pages.

This means that by simply clicking your game's name, without having to click Download, your userbase are already playing your game, straight in, like a Free Browser Games site of old.

Example

_3.png

How do I do it?

You just need your game file's ID number. That's all! Quick and simple.

_1.png

Where do I get my game file's ID number?

This is unique to the version of your game you want to show, which could be a demo if you want to go that way.

It can be found in the Distribute tab within itch.io.

_2.png

The number you want is found just after the words /embed-upload/ (in this example, it is 339).

Rules

- You may only embed your own game
- Adult content needs to be marked with the Arcade (Adult Content) prefix instead

Tweaks and Bug Fixes
  • Added another Download button to make it more obvious
  • Added text to explain what to do if the game doesn't work
  • Added an NSFW version of the arcade to keep adult games separate
  • Game window is now dynamic, however this does not entirely work for non dynamic games
  • Added the arcade to the Games menu
  • Added a pre-splash, so that data is not wasted on mobile devices
Necessary bug fixes before full launch
  • Some solution or trap for the "browser does not allow local files" error with MV games
  • Concept of "download" counting needs to be different for browser games (downloads = views essentially)

Last edited:
Downloads

I have gerryrigged it so that "playing" a browser game now counts as "downloading" it for the metrics so you can see how many people play your games.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.