Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Intro Script, Please!!

sherrick88":31gkjjmb said:
Can anyone point me in the direction for an intro script in RMXP. I am lost! any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

WHat exactly do you need? There are lots of different things that can easily be called an "intro". For example, the credits and such before the title screen. Or, the video that the title screen plays if you wait too long. Or, a cutscene when you start the game. Or, a credits like text field that appears to introduce the game when you start. I think you get the idea.

sherrick88":1o7kgb5d said:
The credits and such before the title screen is the first one i needed. and a cutscene when you start the game would be nice, but i thught you can do that with events. ?

Right. I just know that a lot of people don't figure that out at first. You might want to look up the credits script. It's by an unknown author, but if you set it up right, it will do exactly what you needed.

If you are just starting out, try using events to do an intro scene, you'll have to learn eventing sooner or later.

Just do this:
1) In the database, give your hero a blank character graphic.
2) Put your player start event on a blank map.
3) Put an Autorun event on the map. Because you're probably not going to give the event a character graphic, put it on a tile that is easy to find and remember, like the bottom left corner.
4) Put all the commands in the event that you want to run an opening scene credits. Background music, messages for narration, show, move and hide picture for splash screens or credits. Your second last command will be to turn on a switch to play the opening scene ( call it OpeningScene). Your last command will be a transfer player to the map that will play out the opening scene.
5) Put an autorun event on the opening scene map, with the condition that the OpeningScene swtich is on. Change the hero graphic to what you want it to be. Add commands to the autorun event like messages boxes, screen shakes, move player, scroll map, fade transitions etc. The last command is to turn the OpenScene switch off.

Then your game will start.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.