Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Interstellar

Anyone see this? I went to see it last night. I thought it was very good, definitely one of the best movies to come out recently. The science is surprisingly good, and the CG of all of the space phenomena was fantastic. You can tell they really did their research.

The wormhole and black hole were really cool. I've never seen a decent visualization of a wormhole, but it makes perfect sense that it would look like a sphere with a space texture on it. Also, the giant wave on the first planet was cool. And the whole sequence inside the black hole.

My only complaint is that I think the ending would have been improved by being less happy. I think I would've preferred it if Cooper died inside the black hole. Being dumped out near Saturn felt too convenient. I mean, it was justified well enough that I don't think it was bullshit, but it felt a little off to me anyway.

Also, TARS was hilarious. "Plenty of human slaves for my robot colony," "Self-destruct sequence initiated," etc. I liked the design of the robots a lot, actually. It's original and much more mechanically efficient than making a humanoid. They looked really stupid at first, but then it turns out they can do that cartwheel thing and have all of these versatile limbs.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.