Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

instead of game over, a common event occurs

Script idea:

Instead of the game calling a gameover screen at whatever time it does, like a battle and your team dies, it instead calls a common event, which will determine what happens next in the game.

Examples:

When your team passes out, you get teleported to the nearest hospital

You arrive in a dark tunnel, which splits in two for you to decide: heaven or hell

You transform into a ghost.

Countless other possibilities!
----------------------------------------------------------

Now, there is one exception, and that is the event command "game over" calls the gameover screen, like how it is supposed to do.

The reason for this script is that it allows the player to experience an entire new dimension in gaming, (unless you have ever played the pokemon games)

I will need this script, for in my game depending on your actions, when you die, you will arrive in heaven or hell, and must do a few quests before given the opportunity to resurrect yourself, and finish your adventure in reality.

I recall once there was a script that allows you to move into an inn when you lose a battle. After searching, it was SephirothSpawn's script. You may alter the inn to become a map that does everything as you wish. Although I haven't tested it yet if it also works on Game Over event command.

Good luck finding the script ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.