Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Input Password W\Keyboard

Is there a way to make the input password not only use the keyboard but allow normal text? Basicly a-z. If it already does then I'm just an id and I say sorry to all of you.

Take your basic password system (however you're designing it) and add the Aleworks Keyboard Add-On #1 that I made. Vgvgf did a remarkable job LITERALLY rewriting the RGSS INPUT module and added the Keyboard system so you can get true/false readings from every key (not just from Enter and Esc n such).

The add-on I coded was based on Near Fantastica's and his system so you can 'retrieve' the actual key for use in a data entry systems... be it an Enter Name system or Password system. Just check the demo in the topic. There's a basic text-entry system within.

Maybe you can use my "Aleworks Write Lite" script, it has a feature for input a password.

You need the AWL script and the add on 2. There is also a DEMO, for examples and for testing the script. See my signature for the link to the post.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.