Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Injury's Backstage Party!!!

Injury

Awesome Bro

Hey everyone!

I've been making music for over 10 years now, playing in different bands and instruments and I have written over 40 original songs, most have already been recorded!

Having joined the Army, I've had to downsize my studio drastically, but I still have the capabilities to get the job done!

If you have any questions, let me know!

During this festival, I will be working on some new tracks, I'll put up some old ones and share how it was done!

Thanks!

---
Tracks:
-Fractus Stellarum Music
--Waves of Space - Listen Here!
---Taking from the open and airy/ominous tones set by the game, this keeps things kind of dark while not being to creepy. It was intended to make the player realize they were in a "safe" ----zone for a second before setting out and hearing the other creepy ambient music I've made for the game.

--Nightmare - Listen Here!
---This was one of the first tracks in the game. I made it before I had my studio setup as it is now. I used my cellphone with a DS emulator playing Korg DS-10 (a synth emulator for the ds ---on an emulator, on my phone. Fun!) The quality wasn't outstanding, but it did some like what I was going for in the initial area. I just wanted to make something that was off-putting ------and didn't make sense, unless you were playing this game!

--Sector 7 - Listen Here!
---Sector 7 is creepy. There is no way around it. I feel like this should be in a better, scarier game. It has the potential to freak people out if there was anything remotely intense ------------happening, other loud noises and no way to do anything about it. Acid trip with a side of mushrooms while hanging out with Satan and Hitler. That is about it.

I will post more stuff! I might post some personal stuff, just to see what people think, ideas for recording methods and other things of that nature. Enjoy!

All are free to use, credit me somewhere.

Thanks!

Cool! What instruments do you play, and what type of music have you made so far? And how do you keep a studio while you're in the Army :P?

Injury

Awesome Bro

I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, cello, trombone, ukulele and a lot of other weird things.

I play a lot of different styles, and it varies on instrument and if I play with bands or not.

I've play in punk bands, two-tone ska, ska, alternative, metal, grunge, classic rock, classical, "country-ish" styles...I'm willing to try almost anything out, except disco.

I was lucky enough to have my roomie move out and it gave me some more room to record...Not that I couldn't before, it is just a lot easier now.

The setup is:

-Focusrite Scarlet2i2 (2 xlr/1/4" inst/line inputs with pre-amps, direct monitor and +48v phantom power
-Sonar 8X Pro recording software
-Sterling Cardioid and condenser mic set, sounds great for the price.
-Snowball USB microphone, for some area pickup
-oxygen49 midi keyboard controller (USB)
-korg nanoPad2, for drums/synth w/e (USB)
-Bose 40w speakers (I'm going to get some better ones here soon...)
-2008 Gibson SG (american!)
-2011 Fender Jaguar
-first run Ovation pinnacle series electric acoustic
-Sehnheiser headphones
Edit: Forgot my Dean acoustic guitar!

-Computer Setup
--Dell Inspiron 660
---8GB RAM
---Third-Gen i5 CPU @ 3.10Ghz

I don't think I'm forgetting anything.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Updated with some taste-tastic tracks from Fractus Stellarum, the ideas behind it and all that other stuff. I hope you enjoy it!

Fractus Stellarum both scared the shit out of me and amazed me, the music probably won it to be honest. It really matched, and made me realise the opportunity for music to really bring a scene alive.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.