Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Indoor Inn Atmoshperic Lighting Request

Try and say the title five times fast, ey? :D
Anyway... I needed help... again. I'm sure I'll be strongly reprimanded soon, for posting so much and for being a total boob... but... I keep running into issues. XD

I need a script that will make the map (a bar/inn) have a more darkened effect. One that will give the idea that the room is kind of... without light? Yeah... without light.

There might be a thread about this already, but it seems my computer is being evil again, and is uber slow... any help ANYONE could give me would be much obliged.

Thank ye! <3

You shouldn't need a script to do this; it can be done with events.

In whatever event you have that warps the player into the bar/inn (presumably a door) and have a screen change in there. Have the door leading back out into the world change it back to default.

darkace77450

Use the Tint screen command in the event pages before the transfer player command on the entrance door outside your inn and set it to a darker tinting, and before the transfer player command at the exit door tint it back to normal. You don't need a script for this unless you want some fancy shadows and crap.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.