Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Individuality [VX] (Individual Inventories)

I can provide a screenshot of the new item scene...  that's all that's really visually changed worth note.  It'll be up very shortly.

Tdata

Sponsor

How would you define each Actor's Inventory?  I'd rather not have the new guys stuff be split between the party members by using add_gold/item...  Also when getting items it would be nice if it asked who gets what and how many...

Code:
$game_actor[actor].gain_item(item, number)
$game_actor.gain_gold(amount)
Code:
$game_party.members[position].gain_item(item, number)
$game_party.members[position].gain_gold(amount)
By actor, go with the actor ID in your database.  By party position, start with 0 as the first member, and count up.
Any item you give must be the object, not just an ID.  Thus, you would want your call to look something like this:
Code:
$game_actor[4].gain_item($data_items[1], 3)
$game_actor[7].gain_item($data_weapons[18], 1)
$game_actor[2].gain_item($data_armors[6], 2)
$game_actor[3].gain_gold(8472)
In that sample, Actor 4 gains 3 of whatever the first Item in your database is, Actor 7 gets 1 copy of Weapon #18, Actor 2 gets a pair of Armor #6, and Actor 3 gets a pile of cash.

As far as asking who should get what...  It should be distributed among the party naturally, and if you don't like who got something, you can always have them give it to somebody else.  I may include the option in a later version.

Tdata

Sponsor

I don't know why that didn't occur to me... :)

Also, it seems that no matter how many items you 'gain' using the event command everyone still only gets 1.
Ex. After an event, i 'give' the party 4 potions.  Since there is only 2 people they should get 2 each.  I try again when it is only one person...  Still only 1 is 'gained'. 

I'll whip up a demo in the morning, but I'll need somebody to direct me to where it can be hosted.
Hopefully, things will make a bit more sense then.

Edit:  I believe I've fixed the issue with the items assigning wrong.  Fixed version is in the first post.  My apologies.

I wrote my own version of this a while back for VX, but I used Game_Actor instead of Battler. That's pretty cool that you're using Battler. I can imagine it now, enemies using their own items, or even dropping items specifically from their inventories...

That was the general idea, Diedrupo.  Especially since I've finally worked out a way to split the Note field into whatever smaller strings I want, making the addition to their inventories a snap.  It'll take me a while to get to that, however.

I was working on expanding this with a Need vs. Greed system in the background to help level party-treasure when I decided to release this portion without it.  I'll complete that, then get to work on expanding on the Enemies side.

How would you make it so that the items all go to the first member of the party, until his inventory is at a set limit (i'm trying to eventually make it so they have a limited inventory) than go to the second member etc. until the inventory is full, at which point you can't get any more items (replace an item or exit kinda menu).

is there any way that someone could help me out with this using the prexus multi party system?
i have it running through the menu, and can't seem to get the item menu to choose characters. it just goes straight to the first listed character's inventory instead of letting me choose.

maia

I have found an error / bug.

When I remove an item and have the equipment box checked it crashes the game and says line 137 of the Individuality script.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Determine Item Possession Status
  #    item          : Item
  #    include_equip : Include equipped items
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def has_item?(item, include_equip = false)
    if item_number(item) > 0
      return true
    end
    if include_equip
      LINE 137 :: return true if actor.equips.include?(item)
    end
    return false
  end

i really like the idea, it reminds me of golden sun, where all the characters had their own inventory..

but umm is there any way to remove or disable the individual gold per character, as in, the only thing individual about them is the items.

yeah i agree. the script is great dude! but dividing up the money is a really big hassle!
Could you maybe make the money dividing feature an optional one?

Great Great Script!!!!!!

So I use the GTBS battle system and have a fix for this script and GTBS From Gubid.

#######################################################
NOTE!!
This code will allow the gubid Tactical Battle System to gain all the effects of the
Individuality script.

THIS does NOT!!! I repeat Does NOT!!
CHANGE THE GOLD DISTRIBUTION.

Within the confines of GTBS the gold distribution is fine. As a matter of fact, in ways
it's better than if it were in a group pot.

I understand the want for the edit and am looking at the code myself but i'm new
to Ruby. As i said above I want to get Shopaholic to work with this script as well
but can't seem to get it yet.

and yes the separate gold is a BIG pain, but so is the inventory...

maybe a switch, that could control the gold to group or many.....
I'm thinking maybe have a group gold pool and then it can be divided up from
a option in the main menu???

AGAIN NOTE!!!!!
This code will allow the gubid Tactical Battle System to gain all the effects of the
Individuality script.

Code:
# ===========================================================
# Fix for Individuality and the GTBS.
# Place UNDER GTBS script and ABOVE Individuality script

class Scene_Battle_TBS
alias tbs_phase1_indiv_fix tbs_phase_1
def tbs_phase_1
if Input.trigger?(Input::C) and @windows["actor"].active == true
common_event = []
case @windows["actor"].data(@windows["actor"].index)
when "Item"
@windows["item"].actor = @active_battler
end
end
tbs_phase1_indiv_fix
end
end
class TBS_Item < Window_Item
def initialize(x, y, width, height)
actor = nil
super(x, y, width, height, actor)
end
def refresh
@data = []
return if @actor == nil
super
end
end
# ==========================================================
# ==========================================================

On another note.

What about a Fix for Individuality and the Shopaholic Script Set
now that would rock.

Shopaholic can be found here:
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... ons%20menu

Anyone? I'm not so great at scripting as of yet. wrking on small things now.
maybe i could do this... but i'm sure there are coders that can do it in like 10 minutes. or less.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.