Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Imageshack/Photobucket/Tinypic

Trawling through the project threads it's becoming increasingly clear that these three websites are not suitable for anything more than temporary quick links (and in that case there are better websites for that anyway). We'd strongly advise against using Imageshack, Photobucket, or Tinypic for images in your project threads. Otherwise, don't expect your project thread to be very useful after a year or so (given we have games here stretching back nine years now that's pretty awful).

Personal favourite is Imgur, which is becoming the standard site to use across the web.

Also note that any games uploaded to RPGRevolution have now been lost, along with the various Megaupload/etc sites that have gone down over the years. In short... eh, a lot of history's been lost.

The most stable sites to upload your games to appear to be places such as RPGMaker.net or the more respectable file hosting sites than Megaupload.

Photobucket removes inactive accounts after 2 years.
Imgur deletes images after 3 months with no views, or so I've read with free accounts anyways. It's meant for short term sharing, not long term storage.

Although, photobucket has turned into something else over the last 10 years that I've used it. It's a little silly to see my screenshots printed on shower curtains.

6 months without a view, but that's more than the others will give you. It's annoying anything has to be deleted anywhere tbh, I'd hope we're approaching a time where nothing needs to be ever.

What about getting a free web site on say webs.com and uploading screenshots there? Then you can even also have a project web site! But of course it isn't as simple of an interface as imgur.

Maybe HB Games can be a leader in its own area and offer an image uploading service for the community.

We did have one, but nobody used it. - and then we lost it due to a hack. I worry that it was my own security which caused the hack (it probably wasn't, as it was on shared hosting, which is generally a NO no), and know such things tend to be vulnerable. I dunno. Something to look into nonetheless.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.