Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

idea for a battle system

omen

I was bored onday and had an "idea" for a battle system for the wonderful script masters of RM. I fail when it comes to scripts so no way will I even try to make this myself. This is more of just an idea then a request, something to keep the scripters challenged.

Ok basically its a side view battle system where players and monsters are on a plateform like battle field...like they are lined up in two groups...monsters and heros. MMM HHH for an example. Now the far left H would be the heavy armor or "tank" of the heros who defends the two other heros behind him. Monsters have to get through him in order to attack the other two with melee attacks. if the tank is defeated or stunned, sleeped, what ever then the next hero in line would be first to take direct damage from melee attacks. same would go for the monster side they could have a tank in the front of their line up you have to take down first to get the the 2nd, then 3rd etc etc. now the 2nd person in line could be your damage dealer who could either a) walk around the tank hero and fight the monster tank then go back behind the hero tank. b) have a ranged attack that he shoots to the monster side hitting any target. c) change places with another memeber of their group. and of course the far right H would be a healer of some sort that is keeping the group alive or casting offense attacks as well. And three members on both side can be what ever number you want. 2 3 4 5 etc

just a basic idea for a system. Get creative and come up with tricks for making complex battles.
-"Assassin" move your position behind an enemy unit ex. HMMM HH or MHMM HH
-"Hard hitter" Hit one target and the target behind them
-"Stun/sleep" as mentioned above makes the target unable to block. Ex would be tank who cant defend the ppl behind.
-Double/Tripple Hit
-Fire Punch
-Drain (HP)
-Charge (Gain more MP like in FFXII)
-Summon
-Exchange Partymember (Like in FFX) if you have more than 4 Members

Tell me what you think...the idea terrible or think could make some rpg's a little more interesting? Feel free to build ideas maybe someone will take interest and script it out.

Yes this could be very good, but how do you script it? I cannot understand. But also, wouldn´t it be more cool withdifefrnent types of ATTACKS? noty oly magics, what do you say? :biggrin:

omen

Yes different frames for attacks would be great, and i dont know how to script peroid lol or else id attempt this myself. And if you got ideas for different attacks feel free to post them and Ill add them to the main post under the list of "assassin" "hard hitter" "stun/sleep" etc :grin:

Atoa

You idea makes me remind of Thousand Arms..

Well, if many people gives support to it, i may add id as an add-on on my ACBS.
Since it's an good animated CBS with many customizable options.

Yes it does I think too! Well you should probably do different attacks in the battlesystems (this is not magics) like FFX`s Special or FFXII`s Teqnichs.

Probably some sort of Overdrive if someone can help you script this, too :lol:

Here are some tips for my idea of "Special Attacks". Those doesn`t cost MP/SP:

-Double/Tripple Hit
-Fire Punch
-Drain (HP)
-Charge (Gain more MP like in FFXII)
-Summon
-Exchange Partymember (Like in FFX) if you have more than 4 Members

Theese may only be used in special conditions
This would be useful if someone can help you script it, whata you think?

I meanyou should have special attacks (NOT magics) that doesn't cost MP and when you choose Attack you can choose between 4 attack types or the like, like in Pokemon! Yeah and plus magics COSTING MP ofc. Good Luck anyway :lol:

Atoa":1qstq4rs said:
You idea makes me remind of Thousand Arms..

Well, if many people gives support to it, i may add id as an add-on on my ACBS.
Since it's an good animated CBS with many customizable options.

That's what I was thinking. Kind of like that with an assassins creed twist. I think it is a really good idea. Maybe you could also throw some interesting Ideas for combination techniques or something like that? It has been a really long time since anyone has created a battle system that has sparked my interest at all. Behemoth is really good with battle systems as is Atoa.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.