Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[IDEA]Custom bars

This is only an idea, to speak out that I don't really need the script urgently (but it will be nice to script this).

In some games, bars don't decrease normally, but in some conditions. Say, HP bar usually gradually decreases when actor is receiving damage. There are many different examples for this:

Let's say Arshes has 3500 HP.

Example 1. HP bar gradually decreases when Arshes has 1000 HP or below. So, above 1000 HP, damaging Arshes doesn't gradually decrease the HP bar (i.e. the bar still fills up as if Arshes' HP is in maximum value), maybe just changing its color.
A game example would be some fighting games (I recall Final Fight 3).

Example 2. Stacked HP bars. Let's say one HP bar is 1000 HP. That means Arshes has 4 stacked HP bars, with the 4th bars half-filled (500 HP). Damaging Arshes gradually decrease the topmost HP bar. When the topmost HP bar depletes (as if HP reached 0), the next HP bar will be activated; so next damages will deplete that HP bar; and so on. In the same way, recovering will fill HP bars up to the topmost one.
A game example would be Legend of Mana (normal enemy HP bar).

I hope my examples are clear...

It would be very nice if someone can script this, so we have more variations to bars. Applicable not only to HP, but to SP as well (and any other bar that can gradually decrease and fill up).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.