Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I want help : Rupture point.

Hello people.

I am here because i need a certain script, it is for the addition of a four bar, i have already three bar, but i need a four that will show just before the actors names.
The rupture bar is a bar like the health bar. It goes down by certain amout of the physical damage (7%) normally when the actor is attacked, excep when the skill has the attribute 5 which is rupture, in that case, it is 700%. At the start of the battle, it is at full amout. Every actor and monster have a certain amout of rupture points, when the actor or the monster have lost this certain amout, the rupture points stay at the value of zero during two turns, and during those turns, he can't move and dogdes, and in addition, every hits become automacticly critical hits. After these two turns, the actor or the monster recovers from this statut and recover 50% of the rupture point. at the end of the battle, the actors recover all their rupture points. This should be it.
I want to be able to see the rupture gauche, everywhere i see the health points.

For the actors, the starting and the max amout of break health is based of the equation, hp+mp/2. and for the monsters, it should depending of the number following Rupture=

If i wrote Rutpure 400, the monster has 400 rupture point.

The script should be hard to make. You can't modifie some of the base script or make new one, but it simpler to make new ones.

I wonder if anyone here have the time to help me.

It work like the break bar in Xenosage 3.  It is explained like this : ( The Break Gauge is a Bar beneath the HP bar that shows how much Break has been accumulated. When the Break Gauge becomes full, the enemy is unable to act for a few turns until the Break Gauge empties itself and it starts over. While the enemy is broken, attacks also do more damage, making it a good time to unleash Special Attacks. Your characters have a Break Gauge as well, so you have to be careful when dealing with the Break. ) (it can go the inverse way for my game)

oh boy, I know what its like to be the new guy. At least your requests are good. Maybe you actually read the rules! (I didn't.) Anyways, Looks like you could do this with variables. I wouldn't know exactly how myself, but maybe you could PM a member like sephirothspawn or unkajosh(sp?) They are pretty nice members. The worst they can say is no.

Doing this whit variable is not stupide, but it would use far many, one for eachm monster and hero, or a event foir each  battle, it is stupid.

Doing this whit script is the easiest solution.

I think I would do wath you suggest.
I read the rules.

I forget, it is for VX.

Was your first language French? Anyway, onto the request. What you've got here is actually rather basic. It could theoretically be done with variables, but it is simpler if scripted. Unfortunately, battle system edits are something most people will avoid. All you really need is for someone to edit a couple of screens, create a new formula and stat to go with it, and edit a couple of bits of the battle system, as well as the critical formula. It is all basic editing, but, as I said, most people avoid battle systems, even tiny edits, as though they were the plague. You did a much better job than most people do for requests, as well.

It is not a real battle editing. It is like splitting life point in two and made physical life points and magic points.
Like in the script i used most day.
I tried to edit that script and to realise mine, or more to add my variable, my own new bar. but it end up like failure.
This is the script to have a new health bar. Both bar goes donw from attack, but the physical bar only take 30 % of the magical damage and magic bar only take 30 % of the physical dommage.
I'll give in the script analyse too.
The scri pt is here. (It is a french scripter who make this)
script_AOL_MagicalLife.txt + Démo
I wonder if we can use this to make my rupture point.

I just quickly read through the thread and took a look at Ojiro's script.
Ok, so, to make short: Your RP starts full, when they reach 0 you're unable to act for 2 turns and you recover 50% RP after that?

Also, you'll have to clarify your formulas, just to make sure they are right.
When you say maxrp = hp+mp/2, is it hp + (mp/2) or (hp+mp) / 2?
Also, I don't quite understand how you lose RPs. It's only with magic damage?

I'd be willing to take this request, if you clarrify things a little bit! :)
Take care!
-Dargor

Dargor":v2ld7gqy said:
I just quickly read through the thread and took a look at Ojiro's script.
Ok, so, to make short: Your RP starts full, when they reach 0 you're unable to act for 2 turns and you recover 50% RP after that?

Also, you'll have to clarify your formulas, just to make sure they are right.
When you say maxrp = hp+mp/2, is it hp + (mp/2) or (hp+mp) / 2?
Also, I don't quite understand how you lose RPs. It's only with magic damage?

I'd be willing to take this request, if you clarrify things a little bit! :)
Take care!
-Dargor

Yes, they always start full at the begining of the battle. When they reach zero, you get the rupture statut for two turn, then you will recover half of your rp.
maxrp = (hp+mp)/2. it is more like this.
IYou lose rp when someone it you. If you take 100 damage (magical or physical), you will 7%, so you will 7 rp. But if the skill has the attribute rupture, then you take 700 %, so will take 700 rp.
Any attack that deal 100 damage and that hasn't the rupture attribut does 100 damage to physical point or magical point, 30 to the others, depending if the attack is magical or not and 7 damage to rp independently, and when it has the rupture attribute, it will 700.
I hope i clarify myself.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.