Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

i need a throw skill script

ok, i want to make a skill to throw stuff (meaning when the player chooses the skill, the get to pick an item from a special list, and throw it at the monster), the problem is i can't figure out how to do it, so i am guessing that sense there doesn't apear to be a way to do it without scripting, it has to be skripted,

can someone please help?

i tried that, i have to set a common event for each item i want to throw, it would use a lot of common events, and this is a starter kit that i am making, i don't want it to take too many common events, and i also don't want there to be a skill for each item

(it's a naruto starter kit, i want a throw option where people can simply choose it from the skill menu and then choose an option, not have to choose a different skill for different items,

what i mean is i want fight>skill>throw> then for them to be able to pic between certain  items in there inventory (not all items, just certain ones)

not fight>skill>
throw Kunai
throw Shuriken

throw ect.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.