Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need a scripters help, must have microsoft word

I found a cool little script but I don't have microsoft word and I can't open it, can someone with microsoft word please that this script and post it or put it in a
demo so I can use it, I don't microsoft word and everytime I open it closes.
Here the link:
http://www.phanxgames.com/resources/displayimage.php?album=52&pos=12

Also there a script that I want to use but I don't know what to do to use it, can
a experience scripter take a look at it and tell me how to use it?
Here's the link:
http://www.phanxgames.com/resources/displayimage.php?album=52&pos=11

This is the office document:
Hello! It?s the extraordinary Nintendo! I am about to show you what I found out and how you can make your stealth game better (drum rolls)?

With advanced enemy vision! Instead of using that crappy method where the guards can see only one tile in front of them, now they can see as far or as short as you would like them to (I recommend five-tile-vision).
And best of all with this exclusive tutorial I will show you how it is done.

Time: I have no idea.
Fun making it: Absolutely? NONE!
Fun using it : Absolutely? A LOT!

Well? It is very hard and not for n00bs. N00BS GET THE @#$% OUT OF HERE! Just kidding. N00bs may stay as long as they don?t break there computer trying to figure this out so I think we should begin.

First things first? make a new game and create a map (I recommend it small if it is not for your game and you are trying it out) and make the player start position.

Uhhh?

Next? Make a guard (I recommend a pirate) somewhere on the map.
Have the pirate be facing down, call it ?guard?, movement type any, and triggered by collision with hero. Just have the event commands game over or minus some kind of variable to health, depending on your game. You can actually have it do whatever but remember this is only when you hit the pirate.
For this example, I am making the guard see up to five tiles in front of him. Right in front of his face make an event on collision with hero, no graphics and below hero. Have the Event Commands whatever you want when you walk in front of his face. Call this event GuardVisA1. Copy in paste it four times, each going down a straight line below his face naming each one
GuardVisA2, GuardVisA3, and so on. Now to the right of him, paste it four more time in a line to the right. Name each one GuardVisB1, GuardVisB2, and so on.
Now for the harder part.
Make a parallel process below hero somewhere on the map. You need an extra, similar event with the changed variables (I.E. Guard1X = Guard2X) for every guard on your map.
Variables needed:

Guard1X
Guard1Y
(You need Guard variables for each guard you have)
HeroX
HeroY

Switches needed:
NONE

Let?s get started:
(I use RM2K3 so the code might differ but you?ll get it anyway) Branch = Fork OPTN

<>Variable Oper: [????: HeroX] Set, Hero X Coord
<>Variable Oper: [????: HeroY] Set, Hero Y Coord
<>Variable Oper: [????: Guard1X] Set, guard X Coord
<>Variable Oper: [????: Guard1Y] Set, guard Y Coord
<>Branch: guard Up Facing
<>Variable Oper: [GuardY] + 1]
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA1, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA2, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA3, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA4, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Branch: Var [????: HeroX] is V[????] (That?s GuardX) Equal
<>Branch: Var [????: HeroY] is V[????] (That?s GuardY) Equal
<> (Whatever you want to happen when seen)
<>
: End
<>
<>
:End
<>Branch: guard Rightng
<>Variable Oper: [GuardX + 1]
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA1, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA2, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA3, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisA4, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>
<>
<>
<>Branch: guard Doenng
<>Variable Oper: [GuardY] -1
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisB1, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisB2, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisB3, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>Change Event Location: GuardVisB4, (V[????], V[????]) (Use the variables GuardX and GuardY)
<>
<>
<>
<>Branch: guard Left Facing
<>Variable Oper: [GuardX] -1
<>
<>
<>

Yay. You just finished my long boring tutorial. I hope it helped you out.

Bye! Bye!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.