Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need a script - Please help !

Jason

Awesome Bro

Ok, I have the Legal (Retail) version of RPG Maker XP, But whenever I make an event to Input Hero Name, then test it (And even when it plays on other computers), It comes up like this:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6396/nameinputproblemnp5.png[/IMG]

Could someone please build up a script that makes it so I can actually see the letters, Because i've tried editing the script multiple times, and cannot come up with an answer, Someone told me this problem only occurs with an illegal version of the Game, But I have bought it from the enterbrain website, it is all too fustrating for me to try and fix, could someone please whip up a script or any other methods for me to try and fix this problem?

Many thanks
Jbrist.

jbrist;144078 said:
Ok, I have the Legal (Retail) version of RPG Maker XP, But whenever I make an event to Input Hero Name, then test it (And even when it plays on other computers), It comes up like this:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6396/nameinputproblemnp5.png[/IMG]

Could someone please build up a script that makes it so I can actually see the letters, Because i've tried editing the script multiple times, and cannot come up with an answer, Someone told me this problem only occurs with an illegal version of the Game, But I have bought it from the enterbrain website, it is all too fustrating for me to try and fix, could someone please whip up a script or any other methods for me to try and fix this problem?

Many thanks
Jbrist.
do you REALLY have the legal version? Or as I like to call it the money waster? or do you have the money efficient version ;). Anyways you probally dont have the font installed on your computer if you really have the legal version ^^;;

jbrist;144100 said:
Yep, I have the legal version, and I don't know which Font it uses, could someone please give me the file to the font, and tell me where to put it.

better yet I can teach you how to change the font :)
hold on lemme make a tiny tiny script
go to main go to line 9 and insert
Font.default_name = "Arial"
if you want to know what fonts you have installed open notepad and view fonts and if they work you have it :)

Jason

Awesome Bro

Thankyou very much purplecyty, it works, but now I have another problem, Whenever a Message Box comes up, there's no writing in it, and there's no writing on the Menu's and Titlescreen, could someone please help with this too ?

Edit - Oh nevermind, it works now

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.