Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I know that there is a script for this...

Kraft

Sponsor

I know that there is a script for this, I just cant remember what it is called...

basically, I want to make a Log-roll puzzle. Meaning that in its most simplified version, there is a log, about 3 events wide that blocks your path, and when you press space on it, it rolls and keeps rolling until it hits something.

I know how to event script something like this, but I cant seem to get the events on either side of the log (which stop the player from walking) to move with it.

I do realize that I could use a move event on the other ones, but if the log was to hit a rock or something (to stop it) the other events would keep on going (past the rock)

I would like the block events to move with the log, and any help that can be found anywhere on how to make this puzzle.

thanks!

Kraft

Kraft

Sponsor

Can anyone help me?
I am looking for almost the exact same thing as featured in the Golden Sun games (my inspiration!)
Like with the logs, with the pipes... etc.

I made an example for you, it is an event engine combined with scripts.
Download Link

If you will use it, add this script:
Code:
class Iterpreter
  def self_event
    return $game_map.events[@event_id]
  end
  def event(id)
    return $game_map.events[id]
  end
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.