Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I am requesting a CMS

I don't ask for scripts often, but I would like to request one at this time. Basically, I've been posting screenshots of a CMS mockup over in the screenshot thread, and now I'm ready for it to be made. I have included mockup pictures of the CMS. (Note: Help and Exit should be switched, and Help should be Save. However, when not on the world map, Save should not be selectable, and it should disappear (so that it looks like below, but without the last button. Basically:

Status
Save
Exit
(world map)

Status
Exit
(anywhere else)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/melinaperez/RPG/menu1.png

This is the main menu. Here are the fonts I used:

Level numbers: Baar Sophia
Character names, Location: Alison
Class names: Caramella
All numbers except for the level: Adorable
"Funds" text: Caramella (the picture doesn't reflect this, but it should be Caramella)
Button text (Item, Status, etc.): Timeless

Whenever the player is flipping through the options, a pulsating "glass" look button should appear over the option (like on Status above), and when they select any of the following options (Equipment, Status, Magic), it should stop pulsating and a glass look button should appear over a character's name (in the example, it's Stephany). When they select the character (or if they initially select Item, Save, or Exit), then the glass look should disappear, as should all the unselected buttons (in the example above, only Status and Stephany should stay), and they should move to the proper positions as seen in the individual mockups, which will be below. Then, the other buttons should appear (like in the example above, the buttons in my mockup called Menu5 should appear. When they back out, the same process applies. And the red numbers are HP, the green are MP. The black number is Level. It should also have face support.

Here are my other mockups:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/melinaperez/RPG/menu2.png

Item menu. Ignore the cheesy names. In this mockup, the top line is where the description goes. The name Ultimate Sword of Doom is selected in this example. All fonts in this mockup are Timeless, except for the number, it's font is Adorable. The number is always that color, unlike on the magic menu. It's pretty much self-explanatory what goes on here. I'll go more in-depth on the next one.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/melinaperez/RPG/menu3.png

The magic menu. Here, the same process applies, except the character's stat bar appears here. (NOTE: The stat bar should be the same as the one on the main menu! (HP, MP, etc.) This one is old. Just look at the main menu mockup. Here (and the old stat bar will prove useful here), the spells are listed, but the number is green if it can be casted, and red if it can't. Stephany has 13 MP, so she can cast the 12 MP spell (in green), but not the 14 MP spell (in red). This is similar to the item menu, and can prove useful to see what the item menu looks like when it has more than one item.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/melinaperez/RPG/menu4.png

Equipment menu! Timeless is used for everything except part names (Weapon, Armor, etc.), which are in Caramella. And the stat values are in Adorable.

Anyway, the equipped items should be colored the bluish color in the picture, and if there is nothing equipped, then "None Equipped" should appear in black. Notice the glass look button on Weapon. If I were to select it now, then it would go to the Ultimate Sword of Doom in the bottom corner. This is the list of items currently in the party's stock. Ultimate Sword of Doom is equipped, so it appears here in the same color as the Ultimate Sword in the Weapon slot. "Lerish's Faerie Bow" is in red. That means Stephany can't equip it (it's meant for Lerish). If an item can be equipped, it appears in green (unless it's already equipped). The stat bar should be the same one as in the main menu, again. Also, when an item in the bottom corner is selected, a number should appear next to the value it would change (if it would increase it, it would be green, if it would reduce it, it would be red. Also, this should be the new value, not the modifier. Like, if a sword would reduce Stephany's attack from 75 to 71, the 75 should be crossed out, and the 71 would appear to the right of it. In red, of course.) Also, when the glass button is where it is (i.e., not on the list yet), the bottom window would change to show what is there (example: right now it shows the weapons. If you moved to armor without selecting it, it would change to armor, so when you do select it, the armor is already showing so it can then be equipped.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/melinaperez/RPG/menu5.png

Status menu. Note: The picture of the RTP battler on the left side is half-correct. I plan on using animated battlers for the actual battle system, but the RTP battlers should be used in the menu. I would think they would go in pictures or something. Hopefully I didn't confuse you!

Anyway, this just shows your current stats, equipment, experience, status (OK in this example), and experience to get to the next level. Pretty self-explanatory, nothing is really selected here. Oh. The fonts are Timeless for the words and Adorable for the numbers (see the main menu for her stat bar).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/melinaperez/RPG/menu6.png

Finally, the save menu! Basically, it shows which characters you have (ignore the fact that there are four Stephanys, assume they are all different), Laney's level (I would have used Laney, but I didn't have her graphics when I made this, I still don't), and play time. All text on the save slots is Baar Sophia. The Save text is Timeless.

I didn't take a shot of the Exit menu, but it just shows Title Menu, Quit Game, and Cancel. in the Timeless font.

Sorry if I confused you, and thank you!

EDIT: I have an idea so that you don't have to download a bunch of fonts. Just use regular fonts (like Times New Roman, Arial, etc.), but change them to the ones requested before you release it. (Or I can do it.)

2nd EDIT: If you can make the location bar (where it says Laylife City) a little longer to the left, that would be great. If you need me to supply the graphics I used, I'll try my best to get them, although they are fairly easy to make.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.