Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hybrid Projectile/Sword attack, Jump and Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I want to make a game that is action based while still maintaining the rpg element. So far 2 projects have been made but Im looking to complete a full game with this idea.

I use Rpg Maker XP and have used scripts such as XAS and Blizz.
However there is too much stuff on those advanced battle systems for the kind of game I want to make. First I want the basics and then in time I can expand from there. If I could, I would only take the stuff that I want to use, but Im not so good with script. :sad:
So its best if I could make a totally new script entirely.

Preferred Script Name: EndoSystem

Here is a list of specific requirements that need to be met for me to proceed with this idea:

*Press 'x' to fire Projectile weapon at Enemy BUT if Enemy is next to Hero then attack with Sword instead.
*Projectile power and appearance depends on selected equipment.
*Sword power and appearance depends on selected equipment.
*Press 'c' to Jump +1 tile.
*Jump range depends on selected equipment.

The following are extra requirements, tho I can make do with out them atm:

*Press 'z' to Unleash Power.
*Unleash power and appearance depends on selected equipment.
*When Unleash power is activated halt hero movement, show animation and damage all enemies on screen. Once the animation of a selected Unleash Power is over then proceed with normal movement.
(Think Golden Axe when the hero uses their powers)

Thank you for taking the time to read and I look forward to hearing feedback. :smile:

Battle systems are complex.
Why don't you help us help you?
First, decide what battle system you want to use as a base. link it here for us to see.
List all the features you want to disable. (in the final battle system. no point in disabling stuff only to put them back)
Next, try asking for help on the battle system's topic. The maker will know how to disable some features.
For features you want to add, search battle systems that have them, and again, link to them. Ask for help in their topic- if you're lucky, taking the features will be a simple task of copy-paste.
You can create some battle effects yourself in the enemy troop section in the database.
That should solve some of your problems.
Finally, keep your request simple. Ie: Can someone take the visual equipment script from battle system1 and add to battle system2 ?

From Xas Hero 3.0 would like to get rid of everything. From the entire hud system, to the menu systems, all the weapons and powers and Basically returning it to default.

From that I only want to keep the following:

[i]*Sword - As it will be the base for each melee weapon I choose to add.
*Bow - As it will be the base for each ranged weapon I choose to add.
*Overdrive - I want the overdrive system to work like a skill. So It must be equipt like a weapon and to use it as a base to make more.
[/i]

From the Chronicles of Sir Lag-A-Lot it is only the sprite jump system that I am after the rest should be wiped out but credit will be given to both.

The Goal

To have a 4 directional moving sprite that can attack enemies by pressing 'x', jump by pressing 'c' and use the skill by pressing 'z' via the specific requirements on the ^topic starter post^

However I have not seen the hybrid attacking system idea in any other rpg maker game so far which is one of the reasons I want to do it.
But if this idea is asking alot then I'd quite happily have the Sword and Ranged attacks as two separate buttons: 'a' for Sword and 'x' for Ranged instead.

Thank you

Here are the download links:

Xas Hero V3.0:
(Note that the original version uses the default 4 directions but the rest are 8 directional)

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Battle/XAS_00a.html

Chronicles of Sir Lag-A-Lot:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=75.0

I look forward to hearing feedback :smile:

no, we just do not want to make a whole battle system for you, no need to bash the site. Next time, why dont you set realistic expectations. Whata shit decision on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.