Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HP/SP bars outside of battle

Could someone please send me a link to a script for this? I know I've seen them before, but I've looked all over in the script forums and I can't find one. Basically, all I really need is a script that displays a bar in and outside of battle on the screen based on a variable. I just want to look at the code to see how it is done so that I can later use it with a different variable.

EDIT: I decided to just make a request for this. Scroll down to my next post to see the request.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Maybe I'll just have to do an official request for it later if I can't figure it out.

EDIT: Okay yeah, I looked at that script and I have no idea what's going on...I'm just not that familiar with Ruby. So I am going to have to make a request for a personalized HUD, similar to the one in the above link.

Basically, I need a HUD in the top left of the screen with one bar for one variable. This value will be a user-defined variable that will increment every so many frames. So here's a list of what I need:

-A HUD in the top left that displays a picture (which I can insert)
-A bar in the HUD next to the picture that is set according to a user-defined variable (call it enemy_amount if you want)
-The bar's value will increase every so many frames in and outside of battle (I need to know where this line of code is so I can toy with it)
-Directions on how to decrease that value via Call Script
-Ability to enable/disable this HUD

It can look similar to the HUD in the link that Snowbear showed me, except I just need one value, and that value is user-defined.

No. A custom-made value, if that's possible. I want a bar to represent something in my game (not HP, MP, etc). Basically, if the bar fills up, you lose. I want to be able to increment and decrement this value as I wish, and I want the bar be filled relative to how high that value is (say the value has a max of 100, for instance.) It's just exactly like an HP bar; it has a minimum and a maximum and the bar fills accordingly to the relative value, except, in this case, it is not HP. It's a value I'm making. I hope this makes sense.

If this helps, just call the variable enemy_amount. If you can make a bar which fills up according to enemy_amount's value, and that value maxes out at 100, then you have done what I wish, along with everything else in the previous post.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.