Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hopefully NOT a script request

Miguel

Hey, I have a quick question that I don't think requires a custome script.

I'm looking for a mouse activation script of somesorts that activates events when you click them. I've seen quite a few that move the player towards them... But I just want one where the player stays still, and the event runs like the player had walked up and activated it, even if your on the other side of the screen.

Help?

It seemed like a generic programming feat, so I assumed it had probably been done already.

(Oh, and first post, so sorry if edicate is broken.)

Zeriab

Sponsor

Since the mouse is not supported in the default scripts a custom script is required.
As far as I know this has not been done already. At least not in publicly available scripts.
The easiest way is probably to edit an already existing mouse script so it get the functionality you want. I unfortunately don't have time to do it myself.

On an unrelated note I would suggest that you choose a title which reflects the contents. You could for example have used Mouse activated events.

I wish you good luck with your request and hope a kind soul will fulfill your request

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.