Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Heroes | Reborn

heroes-reborn-header-7.png

I heard they were making it a year ago. Completely forgot about it until I saw a commercial on Syfy. I had heard that it was going to be a reboot but from what I've seen it's picking up where the first show left off, but it's 5 years later and mostly a new cast.
I can't even remember how the the last season ended. I have the first 3 season on Dvd. Not the 4th. It was on tv from 2005-2010. Wow, time flies.

Reborn is a miniseries. 13 episodes.
If you never seen Heroes before, the structure of every episode jumps around to different characters around the world. Slowly unveiling something bigger as they cross paths. They're calling everyone with special powers "Evos" now. They were hidden from the public in the original series but let the secret out at the end. The miniseries picks up with some big explosion that's blamed on the evos and now everyone with powers are going into hiding.

Apparently they started posting web episodes in July. I haven't watch yet.

Returning characters are Noah Bennet, and briefly his partner Rene "The Haitian". Dr. Suresh, Hiro, Parkman, Angela Petrelli (didn't she die?), Micha - the little boy with tech powers; same actor but grown up.

The 2-hour premier features, well, there's a lot of characters but it looks like the stories are focusing on these people. Their promotional posters are in the spoilers.
Quentin_Tumblr2.gif
nbc_heroesreborn_hrg_ew2.gif
heroesrb_tommy_simple.jpg
nbc_heroesreborn_miko_tvg.gif
ceb717efe9e6fc9f7248ec780deb3152d8f82719.gif
heroes-reborn-los-posters-oficiales.jpg
nbc_heroesreborn_luke_tvg2.gif
dbe8cc2bfef4517263a9571715692b3ec8421af4.gif
nbc_heroesreborn_malina_ew2.gif

There's also this mysterious guy in a hat with a suitcase full of pennies, who steals thoughts. He doesn't have a cool promotional ad like the others. There was also a poster for a purple lady, I'm guessing a villain, but she wasn't in the premier.

I fell out of love with heroes after series one. Up until the start of s2, it was the best thing ever, I was hooked, and other than the annoyingly long "last time on heroes" section I couldn't pick a flaw with it. But series 2, probably largely owing to the writers strike, was just so bad, and it sort of petered (pun unintended) out from there.

But if a reboot can capture the magic of series 1 then I am definitely ready to give it another go. It has a lot to live up to however.

Cocktease, the series.

Every time an amazing battle is about to happen, the episode ends.

Next episode: "HOLY SHIT, THAT BATTLE OFFSCREEN WAS AMAZING SUCH A SHAME YOU COULDN'T SEE IT OH GOD IF ONLY"

Yeah, I'll pass.

I can't watch the new episode until I get home.

Imo, if cockteasing leads to fan speculation they're doing something right. If it's not juicy I won't be invested in it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.